The government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia offers scholarships every year to outstanding students from various countries of the world. This comes in line with the growing attention and support given by the kingdom to the dissemination of knowledge and scientific research, as part of its multiple contributions to scientific and cultural communication world widely, in foster of the advancement of human civilization.
Why do you study in Saudi Arabia?
There are many reasons for distinguished students to study in Saudi Arabia, including:
- Saudi universities are renowned for their scientific excellence. Some of Saudi universities are ranked among the top universities in the world in terms of research centres.
- Saudi universities provide excellent environments for academic research, through their well equipped research centres.
- Diverse educational and cultural environments at Saudi universities. There are international students who belong to more than 165 countries study at Saudi universities. In addition to a multinational academics and staff members who work at these universities.
- Saudi universities provide quality care for scholarship students.
What are the entry requirements?
- The same admission requirements for Saudi students would also apply to scholarship students at higher education institutions.
- Candidate’s age must neither be less than 17 years nor more than 25 years for undergraduate level and the Arabic Teaching Institute or its equivalent; 30 years for the Master’s and 35 years for the doctoral levels, respectively.
- Non-Saudi candidates must obtain approval of competent authorities in their countries, if required there, for them to travel for study in Saud Arabia.
- The candidate must have not been granted a scholarship by another educational institution in Saudi Arabia.
- Certificates and credentials must be attested by the competent authorities determined by the educational institution.
- Candidate must have not been expelled from an educational institution in Saudi Arabia.
What benefits are associated with the scholarship?
- Health care for you and your family members living with you in Saudi Arabia.
- Annual travel tickets.
- Financial stipends when you come to study and upon graduation.
- All benefits enjoyed by Saudi students at the same institution.
- A supervised unit at the educational institution, which provides services to scholarship students.
- Scientific, cultural, social and media programs.
- Support from academic staff to obtain appropriate academic guidance and counselling.
- Incorporeal and material incentives for outstanding students.
How to apply for scholarship?
How to apply for scholarship? You can apply for the scholarship by applying directly to the university of your choice via its website (a list of Saudi government universities is provided hereunder).
What can I study?
You can study any discipline offered by the university you choose except medicine and health related disciplines.
How can I get more information?
Because each university has its own regulations and conditions, the best way to gain more information is by visiting the website of the university you choose. Please search for contact info for the Office of Grants or Scholarships. At SACM-Canberra, we can help you with general inquiries and main questions.
Electronic links to government universities in Saudi Arabia:
|King Abdulaziz University announces opportunities for Postgraduate Scholarship programs for foreign students||
King Abdulaziz University (KAU) is pleased to announce Postgraduate Scholarships for non-Saudi (international) students for the academic year 2018/2019.
More information can be viewed on: http://dgsscholarship.kau.edu.sa
|(KAUST) King Abdullah University of Science and Technology||King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) offers top minds from around the world a chance to embrace their passion for discovery through science and research.
for More details please check the following information
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit:
|(KAUST) King Abdullah University of Science and Technology||Besides the above public Saudi Universities, another option to study in Saudi Arabia is (KAUST) King Abdullah University of Science and Technology . The KAUST, which offers M.S. and Ph.D. degrees, is an international graduate-level research university. KAUST aspires to be a destination for scientific and technological education and research. About 60% of the KAUST faculty, staff, researchers, students are non-Saudis. For more information about enrollment for the KAUST, please visit www.kaust.edu.sa , and for University|
|Scholarship offers for the year 2013-2014 in Saudi Arabia:||The Ministry of Higher Education allocates 30 scholarships for Australian students for the year 2013-2014. Interested applicants can apply for any available discipline apart from health fields. Applicants must meet relevant requirements before lodging their applications. Applicants can apply through the universities websites included in the list here and must attach copies of their qualifications attested by DFAT and the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission and a copy of their passport.|
|King Abdulaziz University Scholarship offers for the year 2014:||King Abdulaziz University (KAU), Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, is pleased to announce postgraduate scholarships (Ph.D only) for international students (Male Only) for the academic year 2013/2014. The interested candidates should visit our website Http:/ /Dgsscholarship.Kau.Edu.Sa for more details. Online application form is also available on our website from 19/10/2012 to 28/02/2013.
Please check this flyer.
|Princess Noura Bint Abdulrahman University Scholarship Opening & Closing dates for 2015-2016 in Saudi Arabia:||Princess Noura Bint Abdulrahman University is pleased to announce opening and closing dates for scholarships (non-Saudi females only) for the academic year 2015-2016 (1436/1437H). Applications open on Monday, 1st December 2014 (09/02/1436H) and close on Thursday, 25th December 2014 (03/03/1436H). For more details and to submit your application, please click here.|