The English Language Institute (ELI) at King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, invites applicants for the post of English language instructors. As the institute is expanding its ELT programs, there are vacancies for male and female teachers.
Position Title: English language instructor.
Classification: Intensive English Language Program (Preparatory Year) – Full-time; renewable.
• MA in TESL, TEFL, Applied Linguistics, or any related equivalent from an accredited university; Or
BA in English plus a Certificate/Diploma in English Language Teaching and a minimum experience of three years in ELT.
• Ability to communicate accurately and fluently with full operational command of English.
Applicants who possess all or any of the following criteria would be given preferences:
- ESL/EFL teacher training/mentoring skills
- Overseas teaching experience
- Experience in course/curriculum development, assessment, and use of classroom technology
- Language instructors have a 40 hour work week per module. (This includes 18 contact hours. Please contact us for clarification)
- Adherence to the allocated working hours
- Show a high degree of language proficiency, flexibility/ team work capacity, intercultural competence and professionalism
- Curriculum and lesson planning, classroom management, instruction, student evaluation, academic and professional development, and ELI community service
- Proctoring tests
- Other duties, as assigned
- A competitive tax-fee package is offered (based on qualifications and experience)
- Housing and furniture allowances, medical coverage, annual return tickets for the instructor and up to three dependents, 60 days fully-paid annual summer leave plus national holidays, and end of service benefits.
Start date:August 23rd, 2015.
Application Deadline: July 30th, 2015.
If you meet the above requirements, please email your CV along with scanned copies of your qualifications and documented evidence of previous employment to email@example.com
King Abdulaziz University English Language Institute Recruitment Department P.O. Box 80200
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Tel: +966-2-6952000; Ext : 68420; Fax: +966-2-6952059